From the sample to the DNA sequence
Most of the time, the DNA/RNA sequencing process is the first step of the services Genostar provides. From your biological sample, we extract the DNA/RNA, check its quality and potential contaminations, sequence the DNA/RNA and assemble the sequences.
All major sequencing technologies are available, from Sanger sequencing to NGS (Next-Generation Sequencing) and TGS (Third-Generation Sequencing) technologies. Depending on your research project, our bioanalyst may recommend one of these technology, or a combination of 2 or 3 of them.
DNA and RNA sequencing technologies available:
- Sanger sequencing
- 454 (Roche)
- HiSeq and MiSeq (Illumina)
- PacBio RS (Pacific Bioscience)
Overall process flow:
- DNA extraction
- DNA / RNA depletion if necessary
- Contamination control before sequencing (16S RNA and/or ITS sequencing)
- Filtering / trimming
- Assembly of the reads into contigs and scaffolds
- Generation of a flat file
- Personalised report
- Data backupp
At the end of the process, if you wish a complete annotated genome (GenBank or EMBL file), you should ask for the annotation of your newly sequenced genome.