General terms and conditions
Genostar: the private company Genostar SA , having its registered office at InoVallée, 60 rue Lavoisier, 38330 Montbonnot-Saint-Martin, France, registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Grenoble under number B 478 147 523.
Client: the natural or legal entity that enters into agreement with Genostar, whereby Genostar commits to performing certain services.
General terms and conditions:
1. These general terms and conditions shall apply to all agreements drawn up between Genostar and the client and to all previous legal acts. Both Genostar and client must accept any departure from these terms and conditions by either client or Genostar expressly and in writing.
2. All offers and quotations are free of engagement. Genostar is entitled to revoke an offer that has been accepted by the client, provided this is done without delay and no later than within two working days following acceptance of aforesaid offer. Prices are always quoted in Euros or Dollars and excluding Value Added Tax. Offers are valid for a period of 30 days unless otherwise indicated.
3. An agreement is effected by way of written acceptance of an offer made by Genostar. Orders from the client, other than the acceptance of an offer already made by Genostar, count as an invitation to make an offer. Genostar is at all times free not to accept the order.
4. In cases where the client modifies the order following acceptance of said order by Genostar, with aforesaid modification leading to a reduction in the amount of work to be performed, Genostar is nonetheless entitled to the total amount of the remuneration agreed upon. A modification to the order leading to an increase in the amount of work to be performed by Genostar shall be considered a new order and must hence be agreed upon by both parties in writing.
5. The carrying out of orders by Genostar will take place according to procedures determined by Genostar. All rights to these procedures and other inventions developed by Genostar pursuant to a given assignment shall belong to Genostar. Genostar shall be entitled to perform similar procedures for other clients unless otherwise stipulated.
6. Delivery time
6.1. A deadline agreed upon for work to be performed by Genostar must always be considered a guideline and is never binding for Genostar unless otherwise expressly agreed upon in writing.
6.2. In the event the time taken to perform the work threatens to exceed the agreed upon deadline, Genostar will notify the client as soon as practicable.
7.1. Genostar is at all times authorised to have work performed by third parties and does not require prior consent from the client for such subcontracting.
7.2. Genostar does not accept any responsibility or liability for assistance provided by third parties who, upon request of the client, have been involved in performing the commissioned work.
8.1. Genostar shall maintain secrecy with regard to information and results ensuing from an order and shall destroy such information no later than five years following completion of said order. Unless required in compliance with legal obligations, this information will be disclosed only to the client who issued the order.
8.2. The client is obliged to maintain secrecy regarding all information that becomes known to said client pursuant to an order, regarding Genostar or Genostar’s operating procedures. The client may only disclose information other than the direct results, to third parties, subject to express written consent by Genostar. The client is obliged to refer to the name Genostar when disclosing such information.
9.1. Genostar will use reasonable skill and care in performing the contracted work. Claims regarding the achievement of results can, however, only be made following the issue of an express written guarantee by Genostar that such results will indeed be achieved.
9.2. Genostar’s liability to the client for results of service deliveries and software outputs is limited. They should not be considered 100% true before experimental validation.
9.3. Genostar shall repeat the work performed free of charge if the set requirements for reasonable skill and care have not been satisfied, provided the client submits a request for this within two weeks of obtaining the results and provided that new data or samples, for insofar as this is necessary, are made available to Genostar.
9.4. Genostar’s liability to the client will be limited to damages which will never exceed the fees paid to Genostar or the agreed upon fees for the order in question.
9.5. Genostar will never be liable to the client for (subsequent) damages incurred by the client or any third party arising from faults or errors in the results of the order unless such faults or errors can be attributed to gross negligence or proven intent.
9.6. Under no circumstances can Genostar be held liable, with the exception of and insofar as, its business liability insurance and/or professional indemnity Insurance covers such damages should the occasion arise.
10. If the service delivery includes sample processing, the client must ensure that the samples to be analysed are appropriately packaged for transit and accompanied by a valid list of contents whereby the costs of such transit are for the account of the client. Genostar is entitled to refuse samples that do not satisfy the set requirements. Genostar is not liable for any loss of, or damage to, the samples during storage, transport or during the work being performed. Genostar is free to use the samples as it deems fit and may choose to destroy, store or return any residual sample material.
11.1. Genostar is entitled, without further notice of default and without written intervention, to wholly or partially dissolve the agreement without being liable to pay damages and without prejudice to any other rights, if:
A. the client fails to fulfil any of its obligations in accordance with this agreement;
B. the client files a petition for suspension of payments;
C. the client files for bankruptcy;
D. the client’s company is liquidated;
E. it proves impossible to obtain required import and/or export licenses from respective authorities, if any, with regard to the goods to be delivered or goods that have already been delivered.
The Client is entitled, to wholly or partially dissolve the agreement without being liable to pay damages and without prejudice to any other rights, if Genostar fails to fulfill any of its obligations in accordance with this agreement, provided that such failure occurred within thirty (30) calendar days as from the receipt of a registered letter with confirmation of receipt notifying such failure.
11.2. Without prejudice to that which is stipulated in the previous article, Genostar will at all times be entitled to wholly or partially terminate the order, in which case the client shall be remunerated only for those expenses incurred prior to the termination, possibly supplemented with a sum to be determined by reasonable mutual consultation, for overhead and profit.
12. The client undertakes to pay invoices issued by Genostar within 30 days of the date of invoice. Genostar is at all times free to send client periodical interim invoices. By exceeding the payment term as stipulated in this article, the client is liable to pay Genostar all extra judicial, or in the event of a procedure, all actual costs incurred by Genostar, as well as 1% interest per month on the sum to be claimed from the client. In such event, Genostar is entitled to fix extra judicial collection costs at 15% of the claim with a minimum of € 40. — without prejudice to its right to claim the actual higher costs from the client. Any rights to settlement or suspension of payment by the client are excluded.
13. This agreement is governed by the laws of the France.